Critical Thinking is a skill that enables an individual to think with clarity and to evaluate any situation logically and with proper reasoning . It helps the individual to assess a situation from different perspectives weighing the pros and cons. Critical Thinking promotes rigorous questioning. The connection of thoughts and actions based on thoughts has been a matter of much debate right from the times of Plato and Socrates. Ability to connect ideas in a rational manner, ability to discern between real and unreal, ability to question assumptions and ability to reflect upon possible answers to find solutions to problems require that individuals think independently , critically and objectively in all situations
Thus, Critical Thinking involves the ability of a person to
- Understand the links between ideas.
- Determine the importance and relevance of arguments and ideas.
- Recognize, build and appraise arguments.
- Identify inconsistencies and errors in reasoning.
- Approach problems in a consistent and systematic way.
- Reflect on the justification of their own assumptions, beliefs and values.
In this course the student
will learn - The
process of Critical Thinking