Communication Global Skills
Communication Global Skills is a 1-month course within the Global Skills course and it involves one synchronous meeting a week. It is designed to be taken together with the Collaboration Global Skills Course as they both deal with Ways of Working. It is mainly aimed at individuals aged 18 -25, but anyone wanting to join it may benefit from it, too.
are important for three main reasons:
- they improve interpersonal relationships
- they enhance academic success and are linked to higher grades and graduation rates.
- they are one of the main skills employers seek in their employees.
By the end of this course, participants will have the ability to:
- distinguish between linguistic and non-linguistic aspects of communication;
- use language and non-verbal forms of communication in ways appropriate to the context and the communicative aims;
- successfully engage in social interactions by using linguistic and non-linguistic strategies